[mythtv-users] No Sound In mplayer

Brian Sutcliff brian.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 00:03:00 UTC 2006

I do not get sound when I use mplayer. This happens both under the covers in
mythtv and running gmplayer stand alone.

The sound works when I watch live TV or a recording.

I have the sound in mythtv set as:

/dev/dsp1
enabel AC3 to SPDIF
Use internal volume control

In the mplayer.conf files i have tried (None of them work) the following. I
got this list from doing mplayer -ao help

Available audio output drivers:
        mpegpes DVB audio output
        oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
        alsa    ALSA-0.9.x-1.x audio output
        null    Null audio output
        pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

I am using Fedora 4.
2.6.15-1.1833_FC4

Any ideas? (I have used 0 to adjust the sound. I get an error when it starts
"couldn't find matching filter/ao format!"

Thanks,

Brian