[mythtv-users] Mythmusic, ID3 tags, and interop

Andrew Codrington acodring at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 15:27:29 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a low PITA approach to ripping CD's with MythMusic while maximizing
interop with other media programs.

I've found iTunes, MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player, (yes I still have Windows machines in the
house. I feel shame...) etc all have different reactions to the ID3 tags put in by the MythMusic
cd ripper.

It sounds like it's mostly a ID3 version problem. I'm trying to avoid manually messing with the
mp3 files after ripping.

Can I configure libid3tag behaviour?
Can I configure some kind of post-processing script to add/remove/convert tags?

Any ideas welcome.

PS: I'm loving .19. Bid kudos to all the developers and to the mythdora crew for making it so
accessible to time and expertise constrained people like me!

Andrew Codrington