[mythtv-users] OT: Booting Hard Drive-less Machine

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Sat Mar 25 03:17:39 UTC 2006

What I did was boot off a Gentoo Live CD, mount an NFS share, then do
the Gentoo install as normal.  When that was done I put the boot loader
on a USB drive and followed the instructions for booting with an NFS
root. This seems easier than PXE booting as it creates fewer
dependancies on the network.  just my $0.02.

--Bryan