[mythtv-users] mythtranscode not working

Eric Amundsen eric_amundsen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 01:23:19 UTC 2006

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote: On Mar 24, 2006, at 4:11 PM, Eric Amundsen wrote:

> I had a power outage a couple of days ago and my mythtv programs
> table in mysql got currupted.  Long story shoft - I backed up my
> db, uninstalled mythtv, reinstalled, restored my db and everything
> looked fine.  Since then, however, mythtranscode does not work.  It
> doesn't give my any error message or anything, just goes away for a
> couple of seconds and then returns (when run from the command
> line).  Any suggestions of my next step?
>
> Linux ubuntu 2.6.12-10-386
> Mythtv 0.18.1-5 (breezy)

Make sure the mtd daemon is running.

ps -aef | grep mtd

If it's not running, google for how to make it load automatically.

That wasn't it, but it got me pointed in the right direction.  Basically I needed to upgrade to 0.19 from http://www.thehunter.ws/repo and now everything is happy again.  Thanks for the kick though.

Eric