[mythtv-users] Volume / card?

Paul Roberts pablorobertos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 11:26:03 UTC 2006

Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hi,
>   Does anyone know if the Myth developers are working on any 'volume
>control / card' features for the future? We're so very tired of this
>limitation....very tired.
>
>   Where does one make an enhancement request that will actually be read?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

After looking through the source code for a bit, I've found the portion
where MythTV sets the volume of your PVR card.  I just removed those 11
some odd lines of code, and it appears that volume changes made with
ivtvctl stay through channel changes and livetv restarts.  I haven't
tested this out very much, but if anyone is interested I have attached a
patch.