[mythtv-users] New ivtv?

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 24 08:58:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:14:11PM -0800, Paul Roberts wrote:
> Has anyone tried the new ivtv 0.6.0?  The changelog at
> http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/stable/ChangeLog-0.6.0  says:
>
> 	- Allow ivtv-tune to be used as an external program in MythTV.
>

> I was wondering why someone would wanna use that program in MythTV,
> since it changes channels for you.

Because I need to change the channel to record what I want.  ;)
Seriously, though - I have mythtv use ptune.pl to change channels on
my PVR-500 tuners, since mythtv on its own doesn't know how.
ivtv-tune, in its initial incarnation, didn't work right:

http://ivtvdriver.org/trac/ticket/72

The 0.6.0 release fixes it, so I can toss ptune.pl.

> Does using it keep MythTV from changing the per-card volume levels?
> I have a new PVR-150 that's much louder than my old PVR-250, and I'm
> wondering if this would be a solution.

In short, ivtv-tune won't, and its not easy to do otherwise.

Check the discussion on ivtv-devel:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/28566

HTH,
Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby