[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Thu Mar 23 17:46:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Stephen Rowles did have cause to say:

> I currently have a freevo proof of concept box installed, while I wait for
> my new hardware to arrive :)
>
> However I am having serious trouble getting it to do what I want, so I am
> considering throwing away all my hard freevo work and starting again on
> MythTV.
>
> I want a system that can do the following:

FWIW I have a freevo setup thats been doing all that for over a year now..
(trying to switch to mythtv to get the OTA HD recording working, but thats
being a real adventure of its own right now, so we'll see what happens
there..) What wasn't working for you?

(Not trying to start a war here, honest. Just curious.)

They can both do what you described, and if you don't expand much beyond
that the differences are going to just be a case of which frontend interface
you like better..