[mythtv-users] Long films and news breaks

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 15:52:16 UTC 2006

On 23/03/06, Alexander Fisher <alexjfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> The biggest problem is spotting
> that there was a news break in the first place!
>
> Alex

Agree, with that one, the amount of times I've missed the second half
of a movie.

I wonder if we could patch the scheduler to work around it.

In the schedule it would come up as:
'Movie Title'
'New or some such'
'Movie Title'

Usually the second part of the movie doesn't get recorded as the
schedular marks it as a repeat of the first half. As the tv_grab_uk_rt
usually marks it as a film, and how many times does a channel show the
same movie within 1hr of the first one finishing (This is ignoring the
fact that one or both parts are not really movie 'length' [or usually
even the same length]).

So could the scheduler be changed to say, oh that's the same movie on
the same channel within a certain time period of each other (and some
times of different lengths) so I'll put them into one recording.

Ant.