[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 15:51:44 UTC 2006

--- Daniel A Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:

> I have "Aspect Override" set to Off. I may try it
> set to Fill instead.
>
> Is anybody actually using a PVR-350 in XV mode with
> an interlaced SD TV
> with good results? If so, what resolution are you
> recording at?
>
> Daniel
>
> Nick Bartos wrote:
> > I had some issues with scaling when I first setup
> mine.  In your playback
> > settings is the aspect ration set to anything
> other than "off"?  If so
> > that may be your problem too.  I set mine to off
> which of course messed up
> > my display a bit, but I fixed it by setting the
> aspect ratio in the
> > recording profile to "square".
> >

> >> I tried it again tonight with xv and it's still
> not really usable. The
> >> image isn't jumpy, it's more like it's in slow
> motion, except it's not.
> >> It's hard to explain, but the problem is with
> motion - for example
> >> somebody walking across the screen or waving
> their hands around. I tried
> >> it with Live TV at both 720x480 and 640x480 with
> the same results.
> >>
> >> I *would* like to get it working better with xv
> because then I could use
> >> some of the other Myth features like
> time-stretch.
> >>
> >> Daniel

I was (but am not anymore because I have a widescreen
HDTV now) using my PVR-350 with Xv output via S-Video.
 I stuck with it for so long because the picture
quality is better than my GeForce 5200FX (even with
this new HDTV), but I do have to use the 5200FX now in
order to do HD (which is still a work in progress for
me).

I was recording at 720x480 with the default bitrates
(I think 4500 and 6000?).

-- Joe