[mythtv-users] Success with DVD vob rips on an external drive?

Garth Benedict shrkbait at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:27:25 UTC 2006

I am looking to add an external drive to house my DVD vobs.  The list
archive has a lot of speculation talk of external drives working, but
nothing all that definitive.  I already have USB and firewire connections
working, so I am not worried about drivers and such.

Does anyone have an external hard drive with 100% success playing vobs from
it?

Firewire or USB2?

Did you have to reformat the drive to a separate file system due to the
large file size?

Thanks,
Garth