[mythtv-users] OT, general and long: transcoding

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 03:52:05 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Tim <tim.tait1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, the converting nuv video files to a dvd compatible mpeg2 is
> apparently not so easy, I will let someone else tackle that one.

I have found that it is reasonably easy!!!

I use nuvexport, which isn't the fastest way to go from mythTv nuv to
DVD disc, however, is the simplest and most reliable.

Download the right version of nuvexport for your myth install
(http://forevermore.net/mythtv/) and try and install it.  Run it, and
it is easy to follow from there.  I use nuvexport to go from DVB-T
(TS) to go to DivX, XviD and DVD format MPEG2 and it cuts my
commercials perfectly.

I hope that helps a little,
Whytey