[mythtv-users] HDTV reception via Cable

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Mar 22 20:36:11 UTC 2006

Christian Burger wrote:
> I get a usable channels.conf that I am able to tune using mplayer.
> So I am pretty confident the hardware works okay.  I think the problem is
> my sourceid.  I tried the recommend azap -r STATION and dvbscan -c but it
> lists all my channels (services) when I run it.  I think I will go ahead and
> beat my head on the wall as it will probably help my progress :)

If you have a usable channels.conf, then you have all he information you
need to put that into the proper myth tables to get tuning working.    I
described earlier what I did, using mythfilldatabase and zap2it to
create the channels, then importing the channels.conf and then massaging
the database to merge the two sets of channels and remove the
channels.conf imported ones.  I'm sure there is a "proper" way to do it
so that the channels.conf import layers on top of the mythfilldatabase
but I couldn't figure it out or didn't want to bother.

Kevin