[mythtv-users] Sanyo HT32744 and FX5200

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:54:21 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So my FX5200 arrived in the mail today (Asus V9520-X) and it doesn't
> > seem to like my TV. Previously  had a GeForce3 card (Hercules 3D
> > Prophet III) which works fine, but now I can only get 720x480 while my
> > previously working 1280x720 modeline won't anymore.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work?
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> >

> I thought modelines were TV AND card dependant?

that could be, though I got the original modeline from the EDID data
(slightly modified for NVIDIA's multiple of 8 issue). Now when I use
it, I get about 2 seconds of the nvidia logo but the video isn't
clean, theres something obviously wrong, almost like "video snow" and
then the TV looses sync and goes black.

Makes me wonder if its a chipset thing or a video card thing...

--
Steve