[mythtv-users] How does DVB EIT work?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:21:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm running Mythtv 0.19 with the added DVB radio changesets from SVN I'm
using DVB-T in the UK.

When I tried to scan for radio channels, not all of them were detected (12
detected, and 12 missing). I rescanned a few times, but they still weren't
picked up. The 12 missing stations were all on either Multiplex C or D.

I eventually imported an old channels.conf file, and they were all added to
the database. I set all radio channels to use the DVB EIT. I then rearranged
the channel numbers to match the Freeview epg.

All stations work fine now, but the 12 stations on Multiplex C and D are all
missing EIT data. All the other stations have EIT data. I've looked on my
stand-alone Freeview box, and all EIT data is being broadcast, on all
channels.

Could it be when I imported the channels from channels.conf, some database
fields were not setup correctly? How does mythtv know which EIT listings to
match to which channel? Does it go by callsign or by channel number?

Thanks,

Jonny