[mythtv-users] OT: RAID array lost upgrading from FC4 --> FC5

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Mar 22 08:01:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:47:41PM -0500, vamythguy wrote:
> 100%?  No.  But I didn't build it into the previous one either.  To my way of
> thinking, it wouldn't even bother with the "md" stuff if it wasn't.  Right?

Wrong.  The multi-disk code is spread out over several kernel modules.
There is a common "md" module that provides the high-level interface to
all arrays, and separate driver modules for each type of array.  Your
default kernel probably came with raid0 and raid1 modules but no raid5.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)