[mythtv-users] reset frontends gui setup in mysql

Andy Barr ajbarr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 05:00:34 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/20/2006 08:41 AM, Andy Barr wrote:
>
> >While experimenting with some of GUI size options for mythfrontend I
> >did something that now causes mythfrontend to resize my X windows
> >result ion to some extremely low setting.  Now I can't see enough of
> >mythfrontend window to undo the settings.
> >
> UPDATE settings SET data = '0' WHERE value in ('GuiWidth', 'GuiHeight',
> 'GuiOffsetX', 'GuiOffsetY');
>
> If you're using SVN, though, you can just start mythfrontend with:
>
> mythfrontend -O GUIWidth=0,GUIHeight=0,GuiOffsetX=0,GuiOffsetY=0
>
> and then going into settings to change the values in the database.
>
> Mike

I was able to fix this by editing my database.  In the database I
needed to change the UseVideoModes = 0.  Somewhere in the settings in
mythfrontend I turned that option to be on which caused my problem.  I
installed phpMyAdmin and was able to edit the database in a web
browser and change the value.  I was using 0.18 when all of this
happened.
Thanks,
Andy