[mythtv-users] Improving DVD playback

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:19:37 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Sdk <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:

> >On 3/21/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would be happiest if there was a way to improve the DVD playback using
> the
> > PVR's output.
> >
> > xine command: xine -r auto -f dvd:%d
> >

> Try adding "-V xv"  (without quotes) to the xine command line.

I had previously tried that. Xine just starts and shuts down immediately
with no messages related to DVD playing (just that standard xine version
message). I assumed that the PVR framebuffer doesn't have the xv extension.

When loaded the ivtvdev driver claims to be version 0.1.0 which is odd. I'm
trying to download 0.10.6 from ivtvdriver.org but it's down at the moment.
Are there any mirrors?