[mythtv-users] GOM could not write to your authorization file

Ryan Ollerenshaw ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:49:33 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Ryan Ollerenshaw <ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am getting the following message box at start up:
>
> GOM could not write to your authorization file.  This could mean that you
> are out of disk space or that your home directory could not be opend for
> writing.  In any case it is not possible to log in.  Please contact your
> system administrator.
>
> I do have a rather small hard drive (20gb) and i did fill it up with
> videos the other day, but i should be able to delete them to make some more
> room. I was able to log in as root and delete all of my videos manually from
> the /myth/videos and myth/tv directories, i also removed all the listings
> through the UI as well. but after a restart i am still geting the same
> message.  is there another directory that i should clear, that i am not
> aware of?
>
> Thanks.

Found the answer in that archives, sorry for the repost.  Turns out the
problem was out of control log files in the /var/logs/ directory.  So thats
a great feature, when one partion fills up, Myth is nice enough to fill up
your primary partion with error messages letting you know your other partion
is full.  wouldnt want anyone to feel left out.