[mythtv-users] .19-fixes/sasc/eit --Job Queue

itsmebcc itsmebcc at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:17:53 UTC 2006

OK.. First of all I have myth with dvb working well with latest sasc. I am
using the eit patch and a few more. My question, Is there any way to have
the eit not scan if there is a current job unfinished in the queue? I always
have current guide data from the eit patch which is great, but if I want to
burn a dvd for someone that is leaving soon it takes much longer as I get
almost 70% cpu cycles dedicated to the eit scan. Is something like this
already implimented or has anyone thought about something like this before?
I posted this on dvbn, and I will post NooneImportants reply for sanity's
sake below.

"It isn't implemented. I'm not sure how difficult it would be. you need to
have the siparser thread poll whether the jobqueue is currently running
(there is actually 2 threads there), and block if it is. I'd check on the
mythtv list whether anyone has implemented anything similar. there is no
reason such a solution couldn't go into myth (though probably not into the
0.19-fixes branch). This might be easier to do as an add on to the
rate-limit patch, as you could then just throw up a 'pause' flag from the
job-queue (rather than the other way around)."