[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup program not included in 0.19?

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:15:44 UTC 2006

To forstall any obvious questions... yes, I did compile mythtv per the
instructions:

% qmake mythtv.pro
% make
% make install

I just went through the process again in case I missed something. I
discovered that after make runs it reports Error 2 (below). It does
seem to compile so I am not sure if this is a critical thing or not.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libmythavcodec-0.19.so.0.19.0] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv-0.19/libs/libavcodec'
make[1]: *** [sub-libavcodec] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv-0.19/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

I am wondering if there is some lib I am missing? Previously I had
never heard of qmake and couldn't get it to run. I eventually found
out I needed to apt-get libqt3-devel (or something like that) in order
to get the qt3 libraries. This wasn't made clear in the docs.

make install runs, but seems to have lots of warnings and some errors.
(Nothing very enlightening though.) So perhaps it has NOT compiled
correctly? This is all pretty frustrating.

Craig