[mythtv-users] XvMC and high CPU usage

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Mar 21 07:39:01 UTC 2006

tj wrote:

>     difference). So if you are using XvMC with an nvidia card, could you
>     report either success or failure and what version of the X server you
>     are running.
>
> Do you get lower CPU if you link against libXvMCNVIDIA directly? I'm
> using the XvMC wrapper now, but when I linked directly to the Nvidia
> library, IIRC I have a lower CPU load..
It didn't seem to make any difference which was linked.  Both result in
unwatchable XvMC but I can playback the files well enough with software
playback using Standard or libmpeg2 (better).  I guess in the end I may
not need XvMC but the fact it doesn't work bothers me :)  What xorg
version are you running?

Kevin