[mythtv-users] OT mini-itx cases

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Mar 21 06:09:00 UTC 2006

>On 3/20/06, Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz> wrote:
>>  Can anyone tell me if the EPIA SP13000 motherboard will fit in a
>>  Sereniti  2000 case?
>>
>>  The cases are reviewed here,
>>  http://www.epiacenter.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4
>>
>>  Most of the reviews state that they are for the M series, but I suspect
>>  the SP series wasn't even out when those reviews were written.
>>
>>  I have a chance to get a case cheap, and if I do I want to put an
>>  SP13000 board in it for mythTV (see I'm not completely OT).
>>

>>  --
>>  Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>

>If someone who actually has one doesn't respond...  The sizes of the M
>series and the SP series Via motherboards are the same, so my guess
>would be that it's a go...  (17cm x 17cm)
>
>Chad

I've got a M10K and the Serenity case, and the back panel is the
standard gaping hole, and I'm using the pop in replacement panel that
came with the M10K board. So the SP13K should work just as well.
Only thing with mine was the power supply was a real noisy little
sucker (plus it's not a normal standard size).  So I've replaced it
with an external brick and one of the miniITX 12V connectors.

  - Wade