[mythtv-users] Myth on XBOX 360!

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 02:59:41 UTC 2006

On Mar 20, 2006, at 11.30, Joel Ostheller wrote:

> food for thought... How cool would it be to have your PSP be a
> mythfrontend =D its not physically possible, but its nice to dream
> about.

Actually, I have thought about that, and it doesn't seem THAT far-
fetched. The PSP has a 333 MHz CPU. I believe it's a dual-core CPU,
and uses the second core for media decoding. The on-board software
can decode MPEG-4 and H.264. Getting it to decode MPEG-2 and RTJPEG
shouldn't be too much stress on the CPU. Of course, the real !@#$&
would be getting enough bandwidth over the 802.11b connection.

For now, what I'd love to see is like a mini-front-end. I can scroll
through the recorded programs, manage recordings, and directly
control the front-end, kinda like how the HTTP interface works for XBMC.