[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 21 02:44:36 UTC 2006

On 03/20/2006 08:42 PM, Daniel Carter wrote:

>...the olympics may have finished but the commonwealth games have started.
>
>The UK guide data, both online and transmited DVB sources show one big
>block e.g.
>
>Commonwealth Games 2006
>11:15pm - 7:00am
>BBC1
>
>I'm not too worried about things being deleted, but i am worried about crashes.
>
>Sure i can stick a note saying "please stop watching tv if you have
>watched it for an hour, exit the program, then you can go back in and
>start watching again. And make sure before you go to bed that you exit
>the tv viewing program" but people don't expect TVs to work that way.
>And big notes taped to the TV don't really match the decor here. :)

How often do your users channel surf during the commercials?  Changing
channels works as well as exiting and re-entering.  :)

IIRC, Isaac has already said he wouldn't be opposed to a patch that
breaks up LiveTV after 6-hours or whatever of recording without program
switching.  Now, someone just needs to create the patch.  (It won't be
me because a) I don't watch LiveTV and b) if I did, even 24+ hour blocks
wouldn't negatively impact me.)

Mike