[mythtv-users] Which graphic card output to TV input?

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Mon Mar 20 20:17:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 15:05 -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> If your TV has a component input and you already have
> the VGA/DVI to component converter (as you say you
> do), you can try hooking it up.  However, I recommend
> that you do it under Windows, because you'll likely
> need to use PowerStrip to come up with proper X
> modelines for the HD resolutions.

Thanks. Yes, I have an adapter for DVI to Component on the DVI output of
my nVidia FX5500 card and connected to component input on the TV. I have
hooked up this and just get the standard blue screen on the TV, no boot
up text or GUI like I do if I look at it via S-Video. I could even get
boot up text even before my card was configured. But nothing on the
component. Is there something perhaps that needs to be adjusted my SuSE
Linux 10.0 or nVidia card to output via DVI? The S-Video worked fine
from the start with the right config. This is the adapter...

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814999205

--
Robert