[mythtv-users] [mythtv] tv.com perl script patch

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:59:56 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, Mark Spieth <mark at dclabs.com.au> wrote:
> sorry. got partway through the email had dinner and then my wife must have
> clicked send.
> another patch.
> 1. use hostname instead of MythBox
> 2. replace if insert fails. probably sould be more intelligent though with
> options.
> also with a pathname like smallville/smallville.s05e09.xxxx.avi
> doesnt seem to work. not sure why but the fetch of basename in
> programinfo.cpp only returns the basename not the full value of whats in the
> DB.
> mark

Just realized these hadn't been going out to the list, so I'm
resending the information...

Thanks Mark! I've applied your patch along with the work that
Christoph and Peter did and created version 0.7.

I didn't change the db stuff though. Peter, if you send me another
patch with it as an option I will.

I've uploaded it to my server. To those that have been using it,
please test this new version out, there were some mixed areas in the
two patches so I want to make sure my manual editing works. Specificly
test the new features

If Peter makes the changes to the db code I want to start looking into
adding IMDB scraping so that the one script can do TV and Movie

thanks for the work guys!

New version, 0.8 uploaded.