[mythtv-users] Own server for grabbing tv-program?

Al Bogner mythtv-users at ml061.pinguin.uni.cc
Mon Mar 20 19:30:45 UTC 2006

Am Montag, 20. März 2006 01:17 schrieb Nick Rout:

> > Basically, you want to configure XMLTV on your other PC just like you
> > would have on your Myth box.

> "Is it possible to grab the tv-program with another pc,"
>
> does he mean the programming guide or the program itself - ie the video
> file.

I mean the guide

> Its ahrd to know what he wants when he describes the problem so poorly,
> but I cannot see why the mythtv box in this case cannot download the
> programming guide, presumably it is connected to the always connected
> gateway?

Of course the "mythtv pc" can, but it takes hours. I want to boot the "mythtv
pc" and sync the programming guide immediately. The  "mythtv pc" is booted
only, when I want to record something and that is once a month or so.

I have an understanding problem with xmltv.

Would this be a good syntax for cron.daily?
su tvprg -c "/usr/bin/tv_grab_it" --output tv_grab_it.xml | tee -a "$LOGFILE"

How do I avoid, that  the programming guide is only _updated_ the next day
with xmltv?

How should I import the downloaded file at the "mythtv pc"? It is not possible
to use nfs, but rsync.

What is the difference between mythfilldatabase --file and --dd-file ?

Can you recommend a syntax for the import, which can be used with cron.daily
or better after reaching runlevel 3. Maybe it is in idea to put a script in
"autostart" of KDE.

Al