[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Playing mpeg2 in frontrow

Jason Werpy jwwerpy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:00:21 UTC 2006

This is slightly offtopic for the mythtv list, but I'm curious and someone
here might have an answer.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting frontrow to run PVR-X50
generated mpeg files.

I know apple sells a mpeg2 codec for quicktime for $20, but does anyone know
of any other codecs available that might enable frontrow to play mpeg2
files?  I have VLC and mplayer on my iMac, but I think it would be really
convieninet to be able to play the files under frontrow.