[mythtv-users] Help with FC4 0.18 -> 0.19, blew up IVTV now can't record or remote... Thanks for the help!

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 08:51:04 UTC 2006

> > Yup, did all that. I "fixed" it by running the ivtv-tune and setting
> > the tuner to channel 3 manually, like this:
> >
> > ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0
> >
> > I think there is a problem with mythtv 0.19 and ivtv 0.4.x talking
> > together, for some reason it doesn't set the tuner to channel 3. Maybe
> > my ivtv install is just messed up, but it seems to work fine outside
> > of myth, I can change channel to 3, record from my Dish receive and
> > play them back with mplayer. That's about as much testing I know how
> > to do to say ivtv works fine.. :)
> I was having problem when I update to ivtv 0.4.x from 0.3.x.   I think I
> ended up need to remove and recreate my channel line up setting in
> mythtv-setup.   (But I am not using Dish, but I use the tuner to tune
> channel. )    Have you tried to remove and recreate everything inside
> mythtv-setup (not just the capture card setting)?   I think somehow the
> internal channel number in ivtv has change so the channel database
> doesn't know how to change to right channel.  BTW, in my case, there
> were error message in mythbackend.log  when the channel change happen.
> Do you check your mythbackend log?

Nothing in the log file out of the ordinary.

The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the channel
lineups or card setup in mythtv-setup, but yes, I did clear all of it.

I just seems the problem is Myth doesn't set my PVR-350's tuner to
channel 3 so it can record something other than static on that tuner
input. :)

-Kenneth