[mythtv-users] Extraneous channels in guide

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 20 03:07:33 UTC 2006

I finally bit the bullet and got digital cable. Updated my Data
Direct listing, hooked up a serial cable, compiled the channel change
script and all was well except 2 small issues.

In mythtv-setup I set my tuner to channel 3 but I only get static.
I've overcome this with a startup script to force my PVR-350 to
channel 3 with ivtv-tune -c 3. Works ok, but not sure why it didn't
work when I told it to do it in setup.

So now I had all these channels I'll either never watch or don't
subscribe to. So I go back into data direct and uncheck the channels
I don't want. I update in mythtv-setup and it only displays the
channels I wanted. Great! I run mythfilldatabase and everything seems
good there. I restart my frontend and look at the guide data. The
channels are all still listed, but the ones I unchecked show Unknown
(Unknown).

I guess I could go into the database and remove them manually, but is
there a step I missed that would have done it for me?

Thanks,

Brad