[mythtv-users] How do I select the transcoding profile after recording

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Sun Mar 19 16:30:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

In 0.19 it is possible to define a number of transcoding profiles
(default, high, medium and low quality). I have set one of them to
transcode from MPEG2 to MPEG4 and another to just cut commercials on
MPEG2 recordings.

When I have a recording in MPEG2, how do I select which transcoding
profile to use ?

In some cases I would like to keep the recording as MPEG2 because I
want to write to a DVD and in other cases I just want to store it as
MPEG4. Do I have to select this before the recording or can I still
select it after the show has been recorded ? I just can not find any
controls or menus to select the transcoding profile.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl