[mythtv-users] Help with FC4 0.18 -> 0.19, blew up IVTV now can't record or remote... Thanks for the help!

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 19 13:35:08 UTC 2006

If you are getting static then its not ivtv. You are watching the tv tuner
input which is not tuned to a useful channel. Have you tried watching the
video card directly? Something along the lines of cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
and then try to play that with mplayer? I suspect you have an external
problem. I forget the commands to configure the card at the command line but
a google should help. Last time I looked Jarod's site had a section on
testing the source manually. Check it out again.

Worst thing that could happen is you have to go and download one of the
precompiled FC4+myth packages announced here on the list in the past few
weeks.

tml) ... In doing the ivtv remove/install, it broke my remote too. I have a
PVR-350 that has a remote I use, now that doesn't work either.

My two main problems are:

* Static on the tuner, something wrong with tuning channel 3? (It's set to 3
in mythtvsetup still) Does the new ivtv not obey my modprobe.conf stuff?

* PVR-350 remote config doesn't work anymore...

My girlfriend is about to kill me. Help!

Can I just go back to the old ivtv and be happy? How can I fix this? I
search the list and only found one thread w/ two emails, nothing helpful. I
have a hard time believing I'm the only one struck my moving up to the newer
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org