[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl problems with german umlauts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 19 05:46:41 UTC 2006

On 03/16/2006 01:11 PM, Christophe Zwecker wrote:
> Christophe Zwecker wrote:
>
>> Thomas Börkel wrote:
>>> Just tried and works fine here. Maybe a problem with your grabber?
>> you have a tv show recorded that contains umlauts in its name or
>> description ? Because with those mythweb doesnt show a preview
>> thunmbnail and the download link presented is garbled.
>> Mythrename renamed it right with umlauts and so, but the browser does
>> display the umlauts as garbled when its in a link...
>>
>> works for you ?
> well I fixed it myself I added the following to mythrename.pl:

The problem is actually with MythWeb, not with mythrename.pl.  What
happens if you put your mythrename.pl back to the way it was (so the
files have umlauts in them) and apply the attached patch to your
MythWeb?  The patch should apply to MythWeb 0.19 (with offsets) or to SVN.

To apply the patch, go into your MythWeb root directory (as a user who
has write access to the files) and issue the command:

patch -Np1 -i ~/mythweb-urlencode_recorded_progs.patch

(assuming you stored the patch in your home directory--otherwise, fix
the path to the patch).  If the fix works for you, please let me know
and I'll submit a ticket to get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike