[mythtv-users] MythTV and USB hubs

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-mythtvusers at litech.org
Sun Mar 19 03:18:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 10:58:54AM +0800, Bob wrote:
> Jim Minihane wrote:
> > I did a little math. It's cheaper to get 4 M402Us, a USB2 card, and a
> > cheaper computer, than it is to get the 402s and a larger machine that has
> > native USB2 onboard. As it stands I just ordered 2 M402Us and will be
> > testing them on a P3-933 tower taht has a USB2 card. My "real" system will
> > be similar.
>
> Don't the Plextors require an audio input each?

I don't know where this misinformation came from but more than one
person has been confused about this.  The Plextor ConvertX units have
stereo RCA audio inputs built in, right next to the video ports.  The
audio capture device on the Plextor appears as an ALSA sound card under
Linux.  You do not need to have any other sound hardware.  -Nathan