[mythtv-users] Some dumb questions: Please Humor me...

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 23:48:51 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, clemens at dwf.com <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:

>     (1) Im currently running 2.6.15.2 under Fedora4,
>           Do I still have to go the dvb-kernel route (and will it work
> with
> 2.6.15.2), or have all the changes made
>           it into the Linux source tree by now?

Everything is built into the Linux source so you should be good to go.  No
need to mess with the dvb-kernel stuff.

    (2) What do I need for the OLD card?

Assume this should work also but I could be wrong.

    (3) What do I need for the NEW cards?

Nothing special.  Drivers should already be present in your kernel.

Im sure someone out there can save me LOTS of time trying to dig thru old
> MythTV-user posting trying to
> figure this out...Currently I have tried to follow some of the pointers
> from
> the "Installing" and "Step-by-Step"
> guides, and find the info VERY confusing, especially for the old card.

The latest version of Myth (0.19 or SVN) makes setting up the dvb cards very
easy.   There is no longer any need to go through all of the work from the
older howto's.