[mythtv-users] Lirc & Nexus-s DVB Card

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 22:55:17 UTC 2006

I've been trying to follow Jarod's guide for Fedora and setting up
myth. I have a slave backend that I want to run a DVB card on. I have
a WinTV Nexus-S rev 2.1 that has the little plugin for the hauppauge
remote. I can't seem to figure out how to get lirc working with this
card.

I thought that I'd need to use the lirc_i2c modules but I can't seem
to get it to work that way. Next I tried the lirc_hauppauge and that
didn't seem to work either.

I tried google and got lots of hits in German for this card, but most
of them talk about some VDR or other.

Can someone send me a few pointers on how to get this card to work
with myth? I think the /dev/video0 is working, but I'm more interested
in getting the remote working for now as I plan on using this as a
remote frontend.

Thanks.
--
-=/>Thom