[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for GV-NX62TC256DS and TH-42PD50U

Pete Wall pete at petewall.net
Sat Mar 18 21:14:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a Panasonic TH-42PD50U plasma EDTV that I'd like to run with
my Myth box.  It has a Gigabyte GV-NX62TC256DS video card, and I have
the two connected with the DVI out to the HDMI in on the TV.
However, no matter how I change the xorg.conf file, it's still
chopping off a lot of the edges.  Has anyone had luck connecting
something like this together?

Specifically, I am looking for a good 480p modeline at around 852x480.

I ran John Fremlin's read-edid, but that gave me very odd modelines,
like 256x2700, 2304x2700 and 2304x0.  I like my TV enough not to try
those.

Thanks!

-Pete