[mythtv-users] pvr350 hurting my TV?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Sat Mar 18 19:56:27 UTC 2006

I think I did just find the problem.  To disable the osd on the comcast
receiver (since it's going into a hardware encoder via svideo) someone
told me to set the component output to 1080i on the receiver.  When I did
that I forgot that I had the component output of the receiver plugged into
my tv on another input.  I think my tv was freaking out with the 1080i
signal (I'm pretty sure it wasn't rated for that), even though it was on
an input that wasn't currently selected.