[mythtv-users] Mythtv has audio quality problem when using RCA's

Andrew lists at heathsworld.com
Sat Mar 18 18:27:11 UTC 2006

Previously I was using comcast and pulling A/V in through coax and everything was fine. Now I have switched to directTV
and use the S-Video and audio cables going into my PVR-150's.  The audio is good going into the card and I can mplayer
/dev/v4l/video0 and all sounds great (this tells me the 150 is working fine).  When I watch myth live TV or record
something in myth the audio just plain sucks.  It's like a bad VOIP phone call from overseas.  What could mythtv be
doing to the audio that would do this?

Gentoo system
Audio out = ALSA:default
Aggressive sound card buffering = off
Use internal volume controls = off
Extra audio buffering = off

I can't find any other setting for audio.  Any ideas?