[mythtv-users] Documentation for commercial flagging?

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 18 06:30:26 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:

>* On Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 10:50:31PM -0500, Andrew Robinson wrote:
>

>>Is there any documentation on commercial flagging? I've poked around the
>>Myth site and tried Google, but I haven't been able to find any.
>>

>To print out the current commercial skip list for a recording run this:
>
>	mythcommflag --getskiplist -c CHANID -s STARTTIME
>
>where CHANID is the chanid of the recording and STARTTIME is the
>start time in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format.
>
>It will print out a list of frame numbers like this:
>
>Commercial Skip List: 0-2392,40214-53173,73619-88176,130309-145199,166657-181219,199914-215879,234196-249057,282627-295399
>
>The 0-2392 is a start-end pair, and marks the first commercial break
>in this example.

My instance of mythcommflag does not seem to have a --getskiplist
option. Any suggestions?

[mythtv at muses video]$ mythcommflag --help
2006-03-18 01:27:44.083 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2006-03-18 01:27:44.108 New DB connection, total: 1
2006-03-18 01:27:44.114 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
localhost
2006-03-18 01:27:44.116 Valid Options are:
-c OR --chanid chanid        Flag recording with given channel ID
-s OR --starttime starttime  Flag recording with given starttime
-f OR --file filename        Flag recording with specific filename
--video filename             Rebuild the seektable for a video
(non-recording) file
--sleep                      Give up some CPU time after processing each
frame
--rebuild                    Do not flag commercials, just rebuild seektable
--gencutlist                 Copy the commercial skip list to the cutlist
--clearcutlist               Clear the cutlist
--setcutlist CUTLIST         Set a new cutlist.  CUTLIST is of the form:
                             #-#[,#-#]...  (ie, 1-100,1520-3012,4091-5094
--getcutlist                 Display the current cutlist
-v or --verbose debug-level  Use '-v help' for level info
--queue                      Insert flagging job into the JobQueue
rather than
                             running flagging in the foreground
--quiet                      Turn OFF display (also causes the program to
                             sleep a little every frame so it doesn't
hog CPU)
                             takes precedence over --blanks if given first)
--blanks                     Show list of blank frames if already in
database
                             (takes precedence over --quiet if given first)
--all                        Re-run commercial flagging for all recorded
                             programs using current detection method.
--allstart YYYYMMDDHHMMSS    when using --all, only flag programs starting
                             after the 'allstart' date (default = Jan 1,
1970).
--allend YYYYMMDDHHMMSS      when using --all, only flag programs ending
                             before the 'allend' date (default is now).
--force                      Force flagging of a video even if mythcommflag
                             thinks it is already in use by another
instance.
--hogcpu                     Do not nice the flagging process.
                             WARNING: This will consume all free CPU time.
-h OR --help                 This text

Note: both --chanid and --starttime must be used together
      if either is used.

If no command line arguments are specified, all
unflagged videos will be flagged.