[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Converting HD content in MPEG2-TS to DVD compliant MPEG2

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:55:24 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, casey dunn <casey.dunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  That's a hell of a lot better than what I was coming up with but,
> I've still got a few bugs...
>
> When I play the file back in VLC it reports two audio streams the first is
> silent the second appears to be the #2 audio stream from the original file,
> ffmpeg only show's the one audio stream and totem-gstreamer has no audio at
> all.

gstreamer may need the ac3 part installed?

play it back with mplayer -v and it will output all the streams within
the mpeg container. the =xsvcd may create an empty mp2 audio stream by
default? I dunno, never used that option. If it is an empty stream it
doesn't really matter as it looks like the ac3 track is the first one.

--
Steve