[mythtv-users] Volume / card?

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Fri Mar 17 16:26:52 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    Does anyone know if the Myth developers are working on any 'volume
>> control / card' features for the future? We're so very tired of this
>> limitation....very tired.
>>
>>    Where does one make an enhancement request that will actually be read?
>>

> Reading and implementing are two different things.  The harsh truth is
> you are at the mercy of other people's generosity to spend their time
> implementing the feature that you want.  This may or may not ever happen
> and the sooner you accept that, the better unless you are someone that
> can code the feature yourself.  Sending messages about how tired "we"
> are about a missing feature is probably not the best way to get your
> request considered.
>
> Kevin
>
> Kevin

As the submitter of many an enhancement request I can say I'm well aware
that I am profiting from someone else's generousity, and that I should:

1) appreciate what they produce as it enhances my life
2) find something else that does a better job of it if I am dissatisfied
3) stop using it if it doesn't do what I want

Many OSS projects fall into #3, this one is definately in #1, and often
#2 is the best way to go about things in and out of the  OSS world.