[mythtv-users] mythweb slow

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Mar 17 09:25:51 UTC 2006

In message <3ef9ff020603170018o65954128nafee22cf235346da at mail.gmail.com>
        Niels Dybdahl <Niels at Dybdahl.dk> wrote:

> Otherwise if you have a lot of mysql activity during the delay and you
> have a lot of scheduled recordings during the next week, then you can
> solve that by removing the following lines from the file
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/programs.php:
>
>             elseif ($this->chanid) {
>                 unset($this->filename);
>             // Kludge to avoid redefining the object, which doesn't work in php5
>                 $tmp =
> @get_object_vars(load_one_program($this->starttime, $this->chanid));
>                 if (is_array($tmp) && count($tmp) > 0) {
>                     foreach ($tmp as $key => $value) {
>                         $this->$key = $value;
>                     }
>                 }
>             }
>
> My page load time was reduced from 12 seconds to 2 seconds by this approach.

That certainly solves my problems and gets be back to 0.18 style
times and makes mythweb much more usable again.

I guess the question now is, what is that code doing and what effect
will commenting it out have on the functionality of mythweb?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/