[mythtv-users] Need help hacking a workaround for tinny audio with PVR-150

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 07:07:13 UTC 2006

Paul Andreassen wrote:
> I attempted an upgrade to Linux 2.6.15 which required ivtv 0.4.2 and
> experienced tinny audio.  Since I had no problem with Linux 2.6.11.7 and ivtv
> 0.4.0 I went back.  Why not downgrade to Linux 2.6.14 and use ivtv 0.4.0 to
> fix the problem?
>
> Paul

Well that's another interesting data point.  I saw reports on the ivtv
list that downgrading to ivtv 0.4.1 was sufficient.  It didn't work for
me.  Going to 0.4.0 wasn't an option without also downgrading my kernel.

At this point, I'm going to work through the debugging a bit more with
Hans Verkuel in hopes of getting the underlying problem fixed, but if
that's not forthcoming soon, I'll try the downgrade.

Would be interested to hear if downgrading to 0.4.0 is a consistent
solution for others with this problem.

Cheers,
john