[mythtv-users] mythtv-bin.* files in /var/lib/mysql

Bert Santema atsantema at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 04:03:31 UTC 2006

They are logfiles that can safely be removed.

To avoid the files being created, you can turn binary logging off. The log contains all queries
that could have changed data in your database. The default name of these logfiles is
<servername>-bin.*

For more documentation, see:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-434230.html
and