[mythtv-users] irblaster.com howto - Fedora FC4

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:17:22 UTC 2006

On 16/03/06, Brian Sutcliff <brian.sutcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I purchased a serial irblaster (rs232) from irblaster.com. The setup page
> they have does not work.
>
> Does anyone have a howto for this blaster?
>
> I am using directtv and a rca reciever.

It's a shame that lircsetup.com has lapsed. The following site gives a
very thorough example of building a separate instance of LIRC
(commonly used when using one instance to control a remote control
using a receiver on a different serial port) to control a blaster and
is worth checking out:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

This site gives a Fedora-based account of the installation process:

http://iwamble.net/6901.html

Nick