[mythtv-users] mythtv-database deb package failes to create db

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:04:34 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to install the mythtv-database AMD64 Debian Sid package
from ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ but am receiving the
following error when it attempts to create the database:

Setting up mythtv-database (0.19-0.4) ...
Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user
'root'@'host.name' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
Failed to create database (incorrect admin username/password?)

I can confirm that I can log into mysql as root just fine with:
mysql -u root -h host.name -p

Beyond confirming that my root password is correct is there anything
else I can check?  I recall a while back the mysql password scheme
changed a bit so I have also tried removing the root password from
mysql (and flushing privileges) and still have the same problem.

The irony of the whole thing is that I want to use a mysql db on a
different host but mysql-backend has mysql-database as a dependancy
and so even though I won't be using  it I'm stuck.

Any ideas greatfully welcomed.

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.