[mythtv-users] gossamer-threads

Ed Neff backhoes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:08:11 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/06, Ed Neff <backhoes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  seems to be unresponsive and/or unreachable.  It was up and
> >  working last weekend, but since Monday or Tuesday, it's been dead.
> >
> >  Since there hasn't been any mention of the archive recently, I was
> >  wondering if it's just my problem.  Or has anyone else been unable
> >  to access the archive?
> >
> >  -Ed
> >

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ works for me.

Thank you, Phil.

To verify, I used the Anonymous Live CD from
http://theory.kaos.to/projects.html and sure enough!

The CD uses the tor network and tor servers to access
websites without giving the real IP address of the computer.

gossamer-threads came up just fine over the tor network/servers,
but  when I tried to access it directly from the IP address given by
my ISP, there is no response.  The first idea that comes to mind
is that gossamer-threads must have a black-list that blocks access
from some family of IP addresses.

gossamer-threads is a good resource, but there are alternatives
of course.  gmail is quite good (which is what I use the most), and
the mailing-list(s) can be accesssed directly, too.

-Ed