[mythtv-users] New 45-button hauppauge remote problem

raptorjr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:59:59 UTC 2006

I wonder if anyone has a working setup with the new hauppauge 45-button
remote?
I recently bought one and have big problems. Dont know if it is the remote
or lirc that is responsible.
I also have the little older grey remote from hauppauge and that works
perfect.
This is what happends. With the old remote when i press f.ex. the Ok button
10 times i get the following output with "mode2 -d /dev/lirc1":

code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137
code: 0x2a828137

If i do the same thing with the new 45-button hauppauge remote i get this:

code: 0x0ea99737
code: 0x1aa99b37
code: 0x06a99b37
code: 0x12a99737
code: 0x06a99337
code: 0x1aa99b37
code: 0x06a99b37
code: 0x1aa99b37
code: 0x06a99337
code: 0x12a99337

Do you see my problem? Impossible to map one key to all these codes. Dont
know if there is any more codes than this for the Ok button. But more than
one code is too much.

So i wonder, is the remote broken? Or have hauppauge in some way changed the
protocol and lirc isn't treating it right? Would be interesting to hear
other peoples experience with this new hauppauge remote.

/Stefan