[mythtv-users] AutoExpire carnage

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Thu Mar 16 17:13:54 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

As I am away a lot and want my autoexpire to work properly while I'm
away, I have just switched it back on again. Carnage. It is expiring
stuff that I have only just recorded, despite the fact that there is
about 65% of my 100G recordings volume free.

I am using the latest atrpms build on FC3 with two mythbackend machines.
The recordings volume is shared between the two machines. One has a
collection of DVB-T cards, the other (with the NFS mount) has an
analogue card connected to a Sky box.

I can see from the 'previously recorded' screen that I taped more than a
dozen programs today and it autoexpired the lot!

I'm sure there used to be a front end for this stuff, but can't for the
life of me find it now. I looked in the database via phpMyAdmin and found:

   AutoExpireDiskThreshold          4        NULL
   AutoExpireFrequency              10       NULL
   AutoExpireMethod                 1        NULL
   AutoExpireDefault                0        NULL

There is, currently 63 Gigs of free space on the recordings volume and
it just autoexpired another program while I type this.

One piece of strangeness I should mention. The delete programs screen
shows the correct free percentage, but roughly doubles the actual free
space in Gigs. ie. currently it shows 125.07 Gigs.

Can someone point me to any howtos that detail how one should set up
slave servers, both with and without their own big disks. I have always
assumed that the slave needs to mount the recordings volume from the
mythbackend master. If it can run it's own disk space and stream from
the slave, then how does the disk space maths differentiate between the two.

The RecordFilePrefix is set to /vols/mythtv-rec on host coliseum (the
master) .. should this be host NULL, or should there be a second entry
for host zebedee (the slave).

Thanks for your help

Andy M